History

Aireys Inlet Primary School was established in 1893 to help educate the children of the newly established lighthouse and a small number of other local students. The initial formal education of the local students began in the dining room at the local boarding house before a more suitable site was established.

We celebrate our connections to the past, and honour the owners of the land both past and present. John Moore Aireys was granted a pastoral lease in 1842 and his brother George was the Crown lands Commissioner in Geelong, it is believed that the name of the township came from one or both of these men.